Happy holidays everyone. In this, the holiday edition of our weekend forecast, I've scouted out my five favorite "must-have" pieces for the end of 2010 and the introduction of '11. While there's no doubt we'll all be unwrapping delightful presents from under the tree tomorrow, this is also the best time to get some ideas for where those coveted gift cards and holiday cash should be spent. Here are my favorite five:
1. The Velvet Dress from Betsey Johnson: Velvet has, without a doubt, been making its appearance over the last year. While some may be hesitant to try this luscious fabric, I encourage you to incorporate it into your wardrobe, specifically for New Year's Eve next week. This to-die-for dress from Betsey Johnson, my self-proclaimed idol, has got me so excited to try out velvet. With an interesting choice of color (olive), this dress will definitely turn some heads at all your planned New Years parties.
2. The Maxi Skirt from Nasty Gal: My first entry with College Fashionista discussed the departure from the mini skirt. I am in LOVE with maxi skirts this season (and hopefully they'll continue into spring and summer) and found this fabulous find on Nasty Gal. Try this piece with a tightly fitted tank and some great lace-up boots.
3. The New Wedge from Urban Outfitters: Never having been a girl with a knack for heels, I've always found myself avoiding pumps, wedges, etc. But lately I've noticed myself paying quite close attention to the new wedge silhouette: sporty and masculine. I fell in love with this perfect pair from Urban, with their interesting cut-out shape in the back of the heel.
4. The Arm Band from Bitching and Junkfood: I remember a specific episode of Sex and the City where our pint-sized protagonist sported a scarf tied in a knot around her arm. Ever since then, I have been searching for the perfect band for myself. This gold arm band from Bitching and Junkfood (a new favorite site) ties in this season's push on metallics and jungle theme.
5. The Clutch from L.A.M.B.: Like I said before, I've never been a heel gal. But where I lacked in heels, I made up for in purses and clutches. This L.A.M.B. number caught my eye while browsing their selection: I love the black, brown and white color combination. It's perfect when paired with a black and taupe outfit (a great color scheme for NYE: sophisticated yet understated).
Until 2011, Fashionista/os, I hope you have a very happy holiday and a fabulous new year.