The worst thing about summer vacation is that you only have a few months to enjoy it. Before you know it, school is starting again and you no longer have any time for outdoor adventures or spontaneous fun in the sun. Your time to live carefree is precious! The last thing you want keeping your schedule in tangles is your hair. Whether you have long locks or keep it short and sweet, summer hairstyling is all about versatility and looking your beach-bound best.
No matter what your summer activities include, we’ve got you covered on how to fix up your hair while doing them. Braids, buns and creative colors—these Fashionistas know how to make your hairdo the talk of surf city.
1. Crown braids are an easy and creative way to mix up your normal hair routine. We may never be royal, but at least we have access to a built-in crown.
2. Adding a bow headband can help keep pesky fly-aways in place, while providing the perfect accessory for a day around town.
3. Nothing says summer quite like beach waves. Fortunately, you don’t always need to dive through them to get them in your hair with the help of some salt spray and a bit of tousling.
4. Rocking a summer bob is a great way to beat the heat and look adorable while doing so.
5. Styling your hair in a bun is a classic summer go-to. However, if you’re looking to take your bun to the next level, try embellishing it. There’s a whole world of bows, pins and accessories just waiting to make the cut.
6. Don’t let mother nature have all the fun when it comes to adding a hint of sun-kissed color to your look. Use your time off from classes to try out hair color trends like lavender. It’s a hair trend and a new accessory to your summer wardrobe all in one!
7. A classic single braid is an easy solution for perfect summer hair. Not only does it look great on its own, but a braid will give you a gorgeous set of kinky beach waves when you take it down at the end of the day.
8. Get that hair off your neck, and throw it up into a ponytail! A hair tie on the wrist is a summer essential, and leaves you prepared to toss this hairstyle together on the run.
What’s your hair looking like this summer? Let us know through social media with the hashtag #collegefashionista!